Saltar al contenido

Repsol Worldwide Malaysia

Malaysia
Our operations in  Malaysia focus on the Upstream and Lubricants businesses.
Map of Malaysia
The map shows the areas/basins in the country where Repsol has exploration and/or production/development activity

Upstream

As of December 31st, 2016 we have mineral rights to seven development blocks in Malaysia: one exploration block, with a net surface area of 2,104 km2, and six production and development blocks, with a net surface area of 1,041 km2.
  • 7
    exploration and production blocks
  • 5,605 km2
    of net surface area
Net production in 2016 amounted to 4 Mbbl of liquids and 28.2 bscf of natural gas, with a total equivalent net production of 9 Mboe (24,548 boepd). Net proved reserves of liquids and natural gas at year end were estimated to total 37.5 Mboe.


More information about our Upstream business in Malaysia 



Major Upstream projects


Kinabalu

We have been operating the Kinabalu field, a mature offshore field located in the Malaysian basin of Sabah, since 2015. We have a 60% share in this field and the remaining 40% belongs to Petronas.

The project comprises a new platform, connection lines to existing facilities in Kinabalu, and drilling ten additional production wells. 

In April 2016, the construction of the new facilities began, and drilling operations are expected to start during the third quarter of 2017. The launching of the field will increase gross production by 7,000 barrels of crude per day between 2017 and 2019, and by a gross quantity of 15.6 million barrels in the reserves by 2032.


PM-3

This year we began exploration and production activities in the country through the incorporation of the PM-3 operated production block, located between Malaysia and Vietnam, where we have a 41.44% stake. 

PM-3 is an asset producing gas and oil, which are exported to the Malaysian and Vietnamese markets. In production, this asset will include all asset management activities: exploration, the development of new discoveries, and the improved recovery of hydrocarbons in the areas developed. 

Lubricants

In 2011, we started producing lubricants in our Kuala Lumpur plant, following an agreement with the Malaysian company UMW. We also produce and distribute lubricants in other Asian regions such as China and Singapore.
Information on net production and net proved reserves as of December 31st, 2015, and information on net mineral rights as of June 30th, 2016.